Dental Implants in Mabank, TX
Have missing teeth made it difficult for you to eat, speak, or smile around others with confidence and ease? At Magnolia Dental, we understand how one or more missing teeth can negatively impact many areas of a patient’s life, including their overall oral health and confidence. Dental implants are among the most popular choices for tooth replacement due to their natural feel and appearance. Interested in learning more? Contact our office today!CONTACT US
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants offer numerous advantages, including:
- Natural Appearance — Dental implants look and feel like real teeth, providing the patient with a natural and aesthetically-pleasing smile.
- Durability — With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them an excellent investment in your long-term oral health.
- Improved Functionality — Unlike dentures, dental implants allow you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence, as they are securely anchored in your jawbone.
- Preservation of Bone — Implants stimulate jawbone growth, preventing bone loss that often occurs with missing teeth.
- Enhanced Self-esteem — Dental implants can boost your self-esteem and overall quality of life by restoring your smile and confidence.
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
To determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants, we will consider several factors. Healthy gums and adequate bone density are essential for the success of dental implants. If you have gum disease or insufficient jawbone tissue, we may recommend treatments to address these issues before proceeding with implant surgery.
Certain medical conditions or medications may affect your eligibility for dental implants as well, and patients should ideally be nonsmokers or willing to quit for at least several weeks. Proper care and maintenance of dental implants, including regular dental check-ups and diligent oral care at home, are essential for their long-term success.
What is the process of getting dental implants?
During your consultation, our dental team will assess your oral health, review your specific preferences, needs, and concerns, and begin designing your custom treatment plan. The procedure involves surgically placing a titanium implant into your jawbone, which acts as the root of your new tooth and fuses with the bone over a few months.
After a few weeks of healing, an abutment is attached to the implant. This serves as the foundation for your artificial tooth. Finally, a custom, natural-looking dental crown is attached to the abutment, completing your smile beautifully!